Saturday, September 10, 2011

Emotional beauties: Rose Boheme (Providence Perfume) ,Y (Parfum Phyto) and Jardin du Poete (EdI)

As some of you may be aware, I have been quite emotional as of late, so I'm posting about three lovely fragrances that are helping me navigate this confusing time in my life.  


 Here is a photo of the flags/swags/buntings/pennants I have been making which cheer me immeasurably!

Providence Perfume Co.'s Rose Boheme makes me want to cry.  In a good way.  It is everything I love in a perfume - rose, some dirtiness, and melancholy . What makes me love a perfume is if hits me straight in the heart.  Charna sent the arrow, and  targeted me sublimely.  


I have always had a difficult time crying, btw.  In my twisted way, I confuse sadness with anger, so usually I want to scream or punch things when I'm sad.  Which is NOT a good thing nor something I suggest. So crying over the beauty of perfume is a very positive experience for me! 


Parfum Phyto's Y is an amazing creation. Yuko describes it as a " classic, spicy, floral, oriental " but I get a lot of green, too.  It is extremely original and I want more of it to wear on chilly/cold days to keep me warm and safe, and yet remind me of springtime.    

Eau d'Italie Jardin Du Poete.  This one also bring tears.  It is so incredibly gorgeous -  citrus balanced with woods and herbs.  It reminds me a bit of my beloved L'Ombre Dans L'eau but a greener/brighter/dare I say happier version of it.  I wish my sample didn't leak as I really want to experience this another few times. 


I also wish that this came in a 50ml version.


Looking forward to my work trip to Minnesota. I'm flying tomorrow and will be back next weekend.   I'll be bringing some scents to sample for further reviews.  Expect something on September 18th, my fragrant friends.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Undina!! I'm looking forward to being in a hotel for a full week! weeee - a semi-vacation (well at least in the evenings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emotional? Confusing times? I see we belong to the same club!

    Rose Boheme is on "the list", and now I must try Y. I love the idea of a Springy green fragrance that gives warmth.

    I absolutely adore your pennants! They make me happy just looking at that them. The colours are gorgeous.

    Enjoy your trip. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel grateful to read this today, partly because your sharingness and honesty humble me, and partly because it helps immeasurably to know I'm not the only one who sometimes needs beauty to help draw out stuck tears. (BTW, I've read that tears of joy from the experience of beauty have a completely different chemical makeup than tears of fear/sadness/rage. The latter are apparently more acid and scalding, while the former actually are soothingly saline and leave the eyes (and heart) refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello JE - I'm glad I'm not alone, but don't want anyone to be in this state, you know? Please try Rose Boheme and Y and I look forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear little sister-in-fume and life Meg - your reply brought happy cathartic tears - I am feeling a bit better now - thank you so much ***hugs****

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and PS JE - thank you re: the pennant strings - I can make some for you if you'd like - just tell me what colours and type of prints you like! Email me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your travels and come back feeling refreshed, and with more beautiful perfumes to soothe the soul on those not-so-great days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RE:Pennant strings

    YES I WOULD LIKE! Very much! I will email you!

    JE xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jardin du Poete as a "happier" version of L'Ombre dans L'Eau is spot on...

    Sorry to hear about the confusing times, but it sounds as though the trip was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you APB - although it wasn't quite a restful trip, I did have some very enjoyable moments!

    JE - email me!

    Vanessa, JdP is, isn't it? I think I'm going to save to get a small decant from TPC!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.